Seeking Reliable Full-Time Bilingual Production Supervisor (nights) for our fast paced seasonal business.
Do you possess an AGRICULTURAL background?
Do you have what it takes to LEAD a team?
Do you understand the importance of QUALITY ASSURANCE and TIMELY delivery?
Working from our rural Moose Creek Production Centre, with the ability to work night shifts, 6 days a week, 50+ hours a week, you’re responsible for leading and supporting the production team.
Providing feedback on the coordination, organization and implementation of work activities for the turf grass production farm during the night shift Sunday to Friday you have thorough knowledge and practice in time management.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you assist in the operational and financial performance by warranting and demonstrating an understanding of, and commitment to, efficient production principles while dedicated to safety, quality and the importance of meeting company service levels.
Manderley offers a competitive wage based on experience, plus incentive.
- Assist in the management of the overall day to day operations
- Assist with the hiring, coordination and management of labour and equipment needs
- Assist with implementation of planting, cultivating and harvest schedules
- Assist with insect and weeds control, fertility monitoring and general field observations
- Purchase farm supplies as required
- Oversee the maintenance of farm machinery, equipment and buildings
- Model and champion Manderley’s vision, mission and values
- Adhere and ensure staff adherence of the corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships
- Develop Team-Work and motivate members through setting of clear expectations and recognize and reward outstanding performance.
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train and ensure compliance with job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Provide excellent departmental service; build quality relationships with staff, drivers, co-workers, & management
- Assist with the development and maintenance of financial and production records
- Other duties shall be assigned as required
- College diploma in business or agriculture or comparable experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in farming and agriculture
- Strong management skills
- Excellent observation skills
- Strong knowledge of laws that apply to farming operations and safety regulations
- Good understanding of industry practices and standards
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills
- Possesses ethical values and strong integrity
- Creative self- starter with ability to lead and motivate others
- Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions
- Experienced with troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining farm equipment
- Ability to assign and delegate work, problem solve, answer questions and evaluate results of performance
- Computer literacy
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls
- Manual dexterity required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large
- Travel may be required
- Weather conditions
- Nights and weekends shift
- 50+ hours a week
- Communication Skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Client Focused
- Committed to self-improvement
- Problem Solving
- Team Building
- Creativity & Innovation
- Technical Credibility
If you’re a person that enjoys the outdoors, thrives in a fast paced environment, and is a flexible team player, we want to hear from you! Send resume to email@example.com
At Manderley we are a Team. We support one another and work together to succeed.