As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we are committed to customer service excellence!
Manderley produces, distributes and sells quality sod & landscape products to commercial and retail customers nationally.
Manderley’s currently seeking a Full-Time CONTROLLER (head office in Ottawa)
Reporting to the President, the Controller shall hold accountability for managing the overall financial operations of Manderley Turf Products Inc., and will provide accurate information to Executives, Board Members and Senior Management, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports.
As part of the management team, the Controller will be responsible for directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting internally and externally.
In addition, maintaining of the company’s accounting systems, implementing necessary changes as required and being the key expert will be essential to the success of the department.
What your responsible for…
- Responsible for the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Implementation and management of internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory
- Work with operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency
- Manage research and development programs for CCRA and accounting requirements
- Coordinate all other government audits
- Ensure rapid and consistent collection of receivables
- Assign and authorizes cheques, purchase orders and invoices
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Generation of reports of performance against budgets
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information
- Manage the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
- All other financial reporting to various companies and agencies (TPC, Insurance, Stats Can, etc.)
- Set the priorities within accounting group
- Ensure the processing of tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, working papers, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Hiring, training, mentoring and leading accounting staff
- Provide feedback on performance to staff
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting
- Support new systems or project and implementation from a strategic finance and internal control perspective
- Key contact for financial system challenges
- University degree or College Diploma in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation (such as CA, CPA, CGA, CMA) required.
- Seasoned and mature leader with minimum of 8 years of broad finance experience including experience in a Controllership role
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms
- Financial analysis, budgeting and strategic planning experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel
- Management and or supervisory experience
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes
- Sound problem solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand
- Knowledge of ERP computer systems an asset
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Creative and Innovative
- Committed to self-improvement
- Customer Focused
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
- Technical Credibility
- Team Building
- Travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required
If you’re a seasoned controller that thrives in a fast paced, versatile environment, we want to hear from you!
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Manderley we’re a Team. We support one another and work together to succeed.
For more information on our company, our products and our culture, please visit www.manderley.com