How are natural grass lawns benefiting our environment?
Natural grass has long played an important role in creating greener communities. There are environmental and personal benefits hiding in your landscape that a natural grass lawn can provide to you. Here are just 10 of the amazing ways an all-natural lawn is the right choice for you, so you can be sure you’re always getting the most out of your property, without compromising quality:
- Natural grass lawns filter rainwater and runoff for cleaner ground water.
- Choosing natural grass can noticeably reduce the urban heat island effect.
- Natural grass helps to prevent and control soil erosion.
- Natural grass absorbs sulfur dioxide from car emissions.
- Lawns made of natural grass can decrease neighbourhood noise by 8 to 10 decibels by absorbing and deflecting sounds.
- A natural grass surface can be 10-14°F cooler than concrete and is much cooler than artificial turf or bare soil.
- A 2,500 square ft. natural grass lawn can release enough oxygen for a family of 4.
- Natural grass lawns help to sequester carbon, cleaning the air we breathe.
- Natural grass plays a big role in reducing your summer energy costs by reducing your air conditioner’s workload, saving you money on your electricity bill!
- Natural grass lawns are aesthetically pleasing and increase your home’s curb appeal and property value.
Still not convinced? Believe it or not, there are even more ways the environment, and your wallet, can benefit from an all-natural lawn. Manderley’s Less Water sod and seed are qualified drought tolerant by the Turfgrass Water Conservation Alliance (TWCA). After establishment, a Manderley Less Water lawn can require up to 50% less water than a conventional natural grass lawn, saving you time, money, and water. A lawn that requires less water is just one more way natural grass is helping to conserve water, benefit the environment and providing you with a quality green space you can enjoy.
There’s no shortage of benefits a natural grass lawn can bring to you and your community. Get the most out of your property by choosing a quality product that provides you with all these amazing benefits that other landscaping options simply can’t. A healthy, and well maintained all-natural lawn is your best environmental choice, and Manderley Less Water products can help you achieve this beautiful, sustainable lawn.